Air Conditioner is an asset that you would like to invest wisely. With a large range of brands and models to choose from, it could be quite a task to choose the best AC. Few of the below points are important and must be worked upon before deciding upon an AC:
• Exposure to Heat & Sunlight: If your room is has a higher sun exposure or it’s a top floor with lot of direct sunlight or if its closer to kitchen then you’ll need an air conditioner with a higher cooling capacity.
• Room Size: Air conditioners are available in various tonnages. The tonnages available for room ACs are from 0.75 ton to 3 ton. An AC with a lower tonnage will not work well and an AC with a higher tonnage than required will consume more electricity than desired.
• Brand: The air conditioner brands are serviced mainly by their franchisees and not the manufacturers themselves. Unfortunately, these means a variation in service quality across cities in India. Go for a brand which your friends/ neighbors recommend for a good service.
• Weather conditions: While choosing an AC, one should look for air conditioners that can work efficiently even in extreme weather conditions of Indian summers. A robust machine is preferred if the weather condition are severe.
• Usage: If your AC usage is 8 to 10Hrs a day for 3 to 4 months, it is recommended to buy at least 3Star rated AC. In case AC usage is extended 5 to 7 months, you should opt for 5-Star rated AC. For usage of 10 to 12 months one should opt for cooling only or Hot & Cold AC. Happy buying a new Air Conditioner!